Training to help you achieve your Licence for Bobcat, also known as Skid Steer Loader
As well as training, we also provide assessment and licensing so All Skills Services can provide everything that you or your workforce need to become licensed at one convenient location.
A front end loader of the ‘skid steer type’, means a self propelled crawler or wheeled machine in which steering is accomplished by skidding or reversing the track or wheels on one side of the machine. It also has an integral front-mounted bucket-supporting structure and linkage, which loads or excavates through forward motion of the machine and lifts, transports and discharges material.
Conduct Skid Steer Loader Operations is designed for students are both new entrants to the Construction and Earthmoving industries and for those who have operated a Skid Steer Loader under supervision on worksites and require licensing. Skid Steer Loader operations require licensing from WorkSafe Victoria. Prior to licensing students cannot be employed as Skid Steer Loader operator. Completion of this qualification is required for licensing eligibility.
The course provides a pathway to obtain a Skid Steer Loader licence. Students must meet the following criteria in order to obtain a Skid Steer Loader operations licence:
- Participation in course theory and practical demonstration delivered over an 8 hour period per student.
- Theory component will include completion of exam, discussion, questioning, role plays
- Observation will include operation of the Skid Steer, in a variety of settings, meeting OH&S
standards, machine operations, skills monitoring
Training and theory can be delivered off-the-job at the All Skills Services training centre, or on site at your premises. Training delivery combines face-to-face trainer led theory classes and practical sessions involving small group and individual activities.
Candidates are provided with a training manual that covers all parts of the course. Additional material will be made available during training sessions if required.
In order to gauge your understanding and competency in undertaking Skid Steer Loader Operations, two forms of assessment evidence are required. These will include:
- Demonstration (of machinery)
- Questioning (Question/Answer session)
- Role Play
- Written/Verbal test (For verbal testing, please consult with your trainer)
- Completion of log book detailing work type and hours
The key areas of understanding you will need, in order to be assessed as competent by your instructor are:
- Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Maintaining a Skid Steer Loader
- Monitoring site conditions
- Theoretical knowledge
- Driving skills
- Manoeuvre the vehicle in reverse
For each participant an individualized training plan is developed in consultation with supervisors and approved and signed off by an enterprise representative.
All candidates who undertake this course are provided with advice on licensing, employment and training options in the construction sector.
For further information, please contact All Skills Services on 0425 784 122.